Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Chris Vlahos Backpack Journalism Is Here to Stay

Jane Stevens’ article, Backpack Journalism Is Here to Stay, is a well-written and informative article about the shift in responsibilities of a journalist. Stevens emphasizes the importance of versatility. I am majoring in Sports Broadcast, and I have interned at two major sports media outlets in Los Angeles. One of the most important things I learned while working at these two major media outlets was how crucial it is for a journalist to be almost like a chameleon in their ability to adapt to their surroundings. Many of the anchors I worked with never wrote script because someone else would do it for them, or they couldn't because they were poor writers. Stevens is correct in her assessment that convergence journalism is the way of the future for journalism. I enjoyed this article because I could attest to most of Stevens’ points through my first hand experience.

No comments: