Friday, April 17, 2009

Design Chris Vlahos

Presentation is critical in any business, especially journalism. As a consumer of journalism I pay attention to how a reporter presents him/her self to the public, how a website looks and how newspapers are designed. A good-looking design is part of a strong and credible presentation. Usually in journalism, the term design refers to newspaper layout or the display of a website when you visit it. This design is critical in grabbing the reader’s attention. The same way it is important to write attention-grabbing headlines, it is also important to create newspapers and websites that are appealing to the eye. When I peruse websites or open up a newspaper I don’t plan to read the website or newspaper cover to cover. Instead, I am looking for headlines that catch my eye or interesting photos and page layout. I frequently use espn.com and recently it changed its entire webpage layout. At first I had a difficult time getting used to the changes, but now I like the sites organization and use of video to aid in the presentation of content.

No comments: