Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Page Had the Tale-Tell Signs of a Beginner

         I can honestly say that with only one semester of convergence almost under my belt, I feel more confident with more multi-media equipment than I ever thought I would use.  The website aspect is still my nemesis because it's such unknown territory for me.  One challenge I am honestly not looking forward to designing the website for our group project, and from reading the two chapters, I know there have been some things I've done wrong, but also what I can do to get better.
The four main points of good website design are contrast, repetition, alignment, and proximity.   Although I never thought of these while I was starting my first site, these are definitely elements I will keep in mind for my next site.  After reading these chapters, I took the time to take a look at some news websites to see how they were set up and how viewer friendly they were.  The main thing I noticed was consistency on the variety of pages the news organizations had.  Across the board, no matter how deep you went into the website, the main logo and the main choices remained constant.  I would like to have this same element on our page because it's a website standard and it looks very professional.
It's my goal to combine all the elements to create a uniform, but creative medium site for viewers that both pulls them in and informs them without boring them.  One of the main things I can do now is consult with seasoned convergence students to accomplish my creative goals, and not get discouraged when something doesn't come out just right!

No comments: