Sunday, February 1, 2009

Photography by Brandon Twichell

I think the "Picture Hunt" article is a great guide to photography and photojournalism. Comparing photography to hunting made the article easy and interesting read. I have read many photography books, and none of them summed up photography in such an easy manner as this article. I even learned a few new things. For instance, I never considered all of the things I should keep in my camera bag or my car (screwdriver kit, pliers, synch cords, etc.). Also, I focus on so many aspects when taking pictures, usually composition and originality, that I do not even consider "keeping it simple."
David Snider's pictures bring the previous article to life. All of his pictures seem to focus on a different aspect of photography. For example, the kid blowing the big bubble was pretty original, and the first photo had great composition. I see why we read these two things together.

No comments: