Wednesday, February 18, 2009

POYi mutimedia

As a photojournalism student, I've not been crazy about the multimedia stuff. Recently, I was motivated by some great story telling made by an audio and a video or both together. I still believe that still images like photography are more powerful than video. 
However, I personally  like the story made by photographs and an audio together. As I saw the multimedia 'Black Market" produced by MediaStorm, this story influences me a lot in terms of the use of the media to make a story. Powerful black and white photographs depict the black market of the wild animals. Thus, the photographer shooting the pictures adds his voice of what he had experienced. Two combination of photographs and an audio create a better story. As the tradition of MediaStorm, the music added in the multimedia is in the grey area. I couldn't judge whether or not the music in the story increases the interest of this story. Overall, a good combination of photographs and other media exists in this story

No comments: