Monday, October 6, 2008

Accidental Staging

I really liked the advice given in the readings about staging and editing our pieces. I found myself thinking about what was ethical and was I pushing the boundaries of journalistic ethics with my audio clip by changing the order of responses from that which I asked them in. While these readings had more to do with video editing and staging, the advice could still be transferred to audio. They also gave me good advice for my video work, how to set things up and how not to go about setting things up. I really wasn't sure even where to begin with my story, and this helped me gather my thoughts and formulate something of a plan. I liked Dave Wertheimer's advice about setting things up, micing the interviewee right away, and then stepping back and just letting things happen without trying to force anything.

No comments: