Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Journalistic Video

Kelsey Waananen

The video that I looked at on KOMU.com was one about a new technology to help consumers detect rotten food. Because the technology was new and unreleased to the public, the journalist was only able to get interviews with the inventors and hear about how the product was made and what it was intended to do.

I think that the video could have just as easily been turned into a text piece because what it really seemed to be was a press release about a product. I’ll admit that the video gave example of how the ink would change in the bar code, but I think that could have been done in a photo to go along with the story. However, I’m assuming that the main motivation behind making this story into a TV piece was to reach a specific audience.

No comments: