Monday, March 9, 2009

Woman Chooses Time to Die

The only real complaint I had with this video I found on CNN.com was that the first transition cut seemed sloppy. It was too sudden, very choppy. The pace could have been a little slower also. It got the story through, but I think even just twenty more seconds could have made it a better video.

If this video was done instead in writing, I don't think there would be a whole lot of difference. At least not in the telling of information. Naturally it would have to be more descriptive since it would be lacking visuals and sound. Perhaps more information could be shown through the written word, giving more time and detail to certain facets of the story. But I am unsure of this, as video brings forth many things that the written word cannot.

No comments: