Monday, March 16, 2009

Writing for a Visual Medium

I gained a lot of knowledge from the Poynter article that I could use in assembling my TV Package. All the tips they gave in this article help clean up the clutter that some reporters may not notice as clutter. Focusing on the main point in your story was emphasized repeatedly in the article. Using one sentence to sum up your story is an excellent idea to keep yourself focused on only portraying scenes that pertain to your main subject. This sentence will also help in developing the structure of your story and how you want to display each part. After one developed their sentence, they could then move on to establishing a central theme to their story. I think the process that this article described in creating your storyboard for your visual medium, aids a great deal in organizing your work. I definitely will use these concepts when developing my TV package.

No comments: