Thursday, September 4, 2008

Without much experience with photo journalism, I would normally be slightly intimidated by articles like these, assuming I wouldn't understand the techniques they explain. LaBelle's article was actually really interesting to me. He gave very basic (and smart) tips about being prepared and patient for the shoot. I guess the article gave me a little more confidence when it comes to photo journalism. I like that he compared photography to hunting- it seems like a silly comparison at first, but it actually makes a lot of sense. Photographers do need to hunt for the shot, it won't always just fall in your lap (unless you're really lucky), and i think that's important to remember. Snider's catelogue was also cool to look at. It seemed to include all the aspects of "good" photography, and I liked that many of the pictures were light hearted and fun. Overall I have a better idea of how photojournalists do what they do and a little more confidence about doing it myself. 

No comments: